TouchSafe - Avoid contact with germs
About TouchSafe & TouchSafe Transit
TouchSafe and TouchSafe Transit were conceived in response to the current Covid-19 outbreak by general practitioner, Dr Stephen Bright and have been developed by an approved UK manufacturer of medical equipment, OGM. TouchSafe and TouchSafe Transit have built-in BioCote® antimicrobial technology.
TouchSafe handguards are robust, easy to use tools that provide a barrier to germs on everyday touchpoints when out and about and at work.
Both have a unique profile that minimise surface contact by up to 80% and are easy to use by people with limited hand mobility.
Features and benefits
- Affordable and effective barrier to avoid germ transfer.
- Innovative shape designed to grip most types of door handle, whether pushing, twisting or pulling action required.
- TouchSafe Transit can be used on overhead handrails, vertical poles and grab bars on public transport.
- Two conveniently positioned push-points for use when switching lights, or other switches, on or off.
- Easy to use, grip action even for individuals with reduced mobility.
- Reduces surface area of contact by as much as 80% compared with a hand.
- Life of product antimicrobial properties which won’t wear out over time, kill up to 99.99% of bacteria and deactivate some viruses (over 80% of bacteria are killed in 15 minutes and up to 99.99% in two hours).
- Both TouchSafe and TouchSafe Transit include an easy clean wrist strap for carrying and minimising contact with hands and other objects.
- In addition, TouchSafe is also available with the added option of a retractable YoYo lanyard for frequent use and has a conductive nib for using on most types of touchscreens (capacitive and resistive) to prevent germ transfer to fingers.
- Rather than having a conductive nib, TouchSafe Transit is fully conductive for use on most touchscreens including those located at stations for buying parking or travel tickets.
The TouchSafe Transit is brilliant and really useful for so many things. It’s perfect for door handles as well as shopping trolley and basket handles. It’s totally non slip and flexible; I’ve got arthritis and find it very easy to use. Even my Dad, who has very limited use of both hands due to a stroke, can use it easily. The nib is very handy at cashpoints and for lift buttons. I just put the TouchSafe in a bag when I’ve used it until I can wash it. I have been shielding and I have found this to be really helpful now I’m going out again and very comforting.Sarah, NHS Worker, Oxfordshire
Christine, HR Consultant, Billericay
I find the TouchSafe to be an ingenious and practical device. It’s easy to carry on my wrist and using it when I’m out and about means I don’t have to touch handles, key pads or other buttons such as those at pedestrian crossings. I find it very reassuring to have around as a barrier to touching contaminated surfaces. Its anti-viral properties are very reassuring and I just wash it when I get home. I have two of the blue TouchSafe products and no longer need to use gloves to push the supermarket trolley. It is an environmentally friendly option to gloves, which have to be disposed of in landfill and some people just discard the gloves on the ground making them a health and litter hazard. I bought two for my daughter as well as for me and I’m very pleased I got them.
See what our experts say
TouchSafe helping combat Covid-19
- TouchSafe and TouchSafe Transit, help prevent germ transfer from your hands to your face where they could be ingested and cause illness or onward transmission to other individuals or other surfaces.
- TouchSafe handguards are manufactured using BioCote® antimicrobial additives that are capable of reducing the growth of bacteria by up to 99.99%.
- It is widely recognised that a key transmission method for viruses and bacteria is through hand contact with surfaces that are contaminated. Studies1 have shown that germs, including the virus that causes Covid-19, can survive on hard surfaces like these for up to 3 days.
- Hand contact with the virus is not in itself the problem but transfer from the hand to the face and mouth is. Studies2 show that, on average, people can touch their faces up to 20 times per hour with their hands.
- Door handles, touchscreens and handrails are hotspots for germs. By creating a barrier to contaminated surfaces TouchSafehandguards reduce the risk of an individual’s hand coming into direct contact with the virus that causes Covid-19 and then transferring the virus to their face, eyes or mouth.
- TouchSafe handguards can easily be cleaned using soap and water or by placing in conventional dishwashers; daily cleaning is recommended.
Available in three versions.
Instructions for use
See download for instructions.
TouchSafe handguards are designed for use on door handles, touchscreens, keypads, handrails on public transport and other commonly used surfaces that could transfer germs such as light switches and trolley handles.
Due to their innovative shape, TouchSafe handguards can be used to grab, push, pull or twist without your hand coming into contact with contaminated surfaces such as door handles and handrails which are a common contact point for transferring germs from one individual or surface to another.
See downloads for further information.
TouchSafe is manufactured using food contact compliant BioCote® Antimicrobial Technology.
Please download the Instructions For Use and the Material Technical Data sheets.
Handwashing over all else
Need more information?
For more information on TouchSafe, or if you have any questions concerning the use of the product, please contact our customer service team using the email form below.